Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Are you thinking about traveling or moving to Costa Rica? Well you have to read this blogg first!

     November 2013 we decided to see if Costa Rica was the right fit for our family of five.  We decided to take our chances and go on a seven month trip to that small gem in the middle of Central America.  I decided to write this blog to help all of you who are either planning a vacation there or trying to move there for good.

Even though I am Costa Rican I have only lived there for three years of my 42 years of life.  So before going, we tried to read about it the best we could, and we tried to find good advise from people we hoped were objective and honest about the pros and cons of Costa Rica.  But sad to say, I did not find much of that.

Most people I found, put a lot of effort in detailing all the great advantages of coming to Costa Rica, I did not find really anyone truly objective.  I think this might be because most people that write about Costa Rica have already moved here and it is sometimes painful to face the negatives of a place we have committed to making our home.  Others, I believe, earn a living that depends on tourism and so they fear that if they say the negatives tourism might suffer.

I want to be as objective as I can, yes as honest as possible so that you can make a better decision and hopefully never come to regret it!  While you might not agree with many of the things I have to say, please do not take offense this is my experience here , my seven month adventure that I have decided to share with you.  I don't claim to have an indisputable truth, or to have all the answers I just share my opinions and try to give the best tips I have learned.  So buckle up and enjoy the trip - Around Costa Rica in 7 months.



No comments:

Post a Comment